1 ), 53 – 79 kaplan B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Generate recommendations for process improvement and organizational fitness for a selected organization in the form of a 6– 8-page proposal that is targeted for its management team.
The following resources are required to complete this assessment.
This article introduces the concept of a balanced scored to motivate and measure a business unit performance.
- Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (1996). Linking the balanced scorecard to strategy. California Management Review, 39(1), 53–79
- Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (1992). The balanced scorecard: Measures that drive performance. Harvard Business Review, 70(1), 71–79.
The goal of this assessment is to generate recommendations, in the form of a proposal for process improvement and organizational fitness. Make your recommendations for the organization you selected in Assessment 4 for the balanced scorecard presentation. Apply the concepts of balanced scorecards to create your recommendations.
In your proposal, use specific language and include evidence-based concepts from peer-reviewed literature, including a minimum of four outside peer-reviewed sources. Communicate information and ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely, including reference citations and using correct grammar. Include the following in your proposal:
- Describe the selected organization, including its vision and mission.
- Analyze the company using any adaptation of the Kaplan and Norton balanced scorecard framework that fits your selected organization. Refer to the materials in the Resources.
- Communicate vision, strategy, objectives, measures, targets, and initiatives for each of the following four elements through a macro-level discussion:
- Financial performance measures.
- Internal business processes.
- Learning and growth.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Convey the organization’s values through an ethical, organizational, and directional strategy.
- Recommend evidence-based and best practices for monitoring and improving discussions.
- Generate one recommendation for each of the following:
- Process improvements.
- Quality improvements.
- Organizational efficiency.
- Learning implementation.
- Implementation and evaluation.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to APA style and formatting guidelines. Use APA format for all of the following:
- Cover page.
- Table of contents, including a list of figures and tables.
- Headings and subheadings.
- Reference list.
- Number of resources: A minimum of 6 resources. The following Norton and Kaplan articles will serve as two resources.
- The Balanced Scorecard: Measures that Drive Performance.
- Linking the Balanced Scorecard to Strategy.
- Length of paper: 6–8 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10-point.
- Template and instructions attached , template must be used.