attached belowjgr 300 discussions week 10 B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
DISCUSSIONS ARE ATTACHED BELOW
JGR 300 DISCUSSIONS
After reading the material for this week, discuss some of the strategies you would like to try in order to boost your confidence. Explain why you chose them. How do you think those strategies will help you?
This semester was a challenge, one that involved lots of readings, assignments, and discussion … what are some of the opportunities you discovered as you tackled this course? Identify and discuss the three most important things you’ve learned and how you’ll apply those things in your professional life.
HUM 106 DISCUSSION
Many people consider graffiti, which is characterized by logos (initials or nicknames) and tags (signatures), as vandalism. At the same time, many major artists, such as Jackson Pollock and Jean Dubuffet (see Figures 16.7 and 17.8 of your text), have used graffiti-like marks in their work. Keith Haring (1958–1990) was an American artist whose pop art and graffiti-like work grew out of the New York City street culture of the 1980s. Many consider him to be the undisputed king of the genre.
To prepare for this discussion post, in your text:
- Read Chapter 25, “Haring and Basquiat,” page 687.
- View the Untitled Haring artwork featured above and in Figure 25.31, page 687.
Please respond to the following in a post of 150 to 200 words:
Why is Keith Haring specifically, and graffiti-art in general, important to modern art?
- Consider the following quote about Haring as you gather your thoughts: “Haring was best known for his graffiti-inspired drawings, which he first made in subway stations and later exhibited in museums” (1).
In a post of 60 to 75 words, please respond to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.
- Biography. 2014. Keith Haring Biography. para. 1. Check Out the Top 25 Sculptures at MoMA,
which describes sculptures in the Museum of Modern Art, New York. Then
select a piece of sculpture that draws you in and explain why you
selected this particular sculpture.
Identify a piece of modern sculpture that exists near
you or one that you have always dreamed of visiting that draws you in.
Explain why you selected this particular sculpture.
- To stimulate your thinking, see the examples listed in the
introduction to this journal entry, but don’t be afraid to find modern
sculptures that might exist in your own backyard, so to speak.
- Share an image of the sculpture you selected and provide identifying information about the artwork and the artist.
- If your selected sculpture is one that exists in your
community, you may not be able to locate information about the artwork
and the artist. If this is the case, be sure to note this.
- Respond to these writing prompts on Your Favorite Modern Sculpture Template [DOCX]:
- Why did you select this piece of sculpture to share and to write about?
- What do you see in this sculpture?
- Be sure to provide sufficient details.
- What do you think and feel about this sculpture?
- What meaning does this sculpture have for you?
- What message do you think the sculptor wanted to convey?
- Ensure your journal entry is clear and demonstrates good writing mechanics.
- Submit an image of your sculpture and your journal entry to the assignment area.____