attached unit 1 db 2 file B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
The company that you are working for is considering buying another smaller firm. However, there is some business analysis needed for your company to make its final decision about purchasing. You will be working on creating the Business Strategy and Management Plan.
Create a document in Word and keep in mind that the final Business Strategy and Management Plan template should contain the following elements:
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- Table of contents
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Section headings
As a preview, each section will contain the following subsections:
- Qualitative Evaluation of the Industry’s Strategic Position (Week 1 IP)
- Choose an aspect of the information technology (IT) industry. Use Porter’s five forces to make a qualitative evaluation of the industry’s strategic position. Be sure to explain each of the five forces as well as explain how they relate to your chosen industry.
- Remember to include the following elements (Porter’s five forces):
- Threat of new entrants: Are new entrants being attracted to the market, and are there barriers to entry in the industry?
- Threat of substitute products or services: Are there other products that could be alternatives to offerings in the chosen industry?
- Bargaining power of customers: What degree of bargaining power do the buyers have in terms of putting the industry under pressure to provide more products or less cost?
- Bargaining power of suppliers: What is the importance of raw materials, components, labor, and services that are required for the industry, and are there substitutes for those inputs? Discuss the possibility of switching suppliers, if necessary.
- Intensity of competitive rivalry: Does the industry have a sustainable competitive advantage?
- Strategic Information Systems Assessment (Week 2 IP)
- Analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the case study organization that are related to its present information systems environment.
- Assess the forces that are presently governing competition for the case study organization.
- Using Wiseman’s framework of strategy development, define the strategic thrusts (and related advantages) that the case study organization should use to build a business case for implementing an information systems management plan.
For Week 1 IP section, use the attached Unit 1 DB 2 file for reference, must be 4-5 pages. For Week 2 IP section, must be 4-5 pages. APA Format for everything.