based practices community presentationyour social welfare presentation H u m a n i t i e s
Evidence-Based Practices Community Presentation
Your social welfare presentation in Unit 6 was a success! Now, you have been asked to create a written document that will be shared with your supervisor or Board of Directors about the program or agency identified in the Unit 6 Assignment. For this document, you are focusing on educating the audience about specific human service skills and the assessment and intervention strategies of your agency, based upon a chosen theoretical framework.
For this assignment, please respond to the following:
Agency Purpose/Mission, Target Population, and Program or Services
- Briefly review and summarize the agency’s purpose or mission, target population, the program description, and services provided.
Theoretical Orientation and Practice
- Choose one theory from the textbook or supplemental readings that you are drawn to and one that resonates with your career interests/professional role. Explain why you chose this theory and how this theory matches or aligns with the services, assessments, and interventions of the program or agency.
Assessment and Intervention Skills
- Research and locate at least one assessment tool or RAI (Rapid Assessment Instrument), and at least two evidence-based interventions (EBIs) for your program. Identify the assessment and interventions chosen, which should align with your target population, the objectives of the program, and the agency’s mission or purpose. Then, explain what human services skills are needed to conduct the assessment and interventions you have chosen.
- Briefly tie together the main points presented in the document, highlighting how the theory aligns with the best practice assessments and interventions for the program.
Your Assignment should be a 3-5 page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs, using the provided headings as a guideline in your paper
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human service theories.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of four scholarly, academic sources, with one of these references being the textbook.