begin reviewing chapter 5 exercises 5 W r i t i n g
Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, read Chapter 5: Contextual Models and Chapter 6: Architectural Design in the course text. It is also recommended that you begin reviewing Chapter 5 exercises 5.2 and 5.5 and Chapter 6 exercises 6.1 and 6.3, as these will be your homework assignment due later in the week.
In this week’s interactive assignment, you will add to your concept map that you created in Week 2 and further illustrate and make connections among the concepts of software development and requirements. This week’s section of the concept map is focused on System Modeling and Architectural Design. Illustrate the essential perspectives of context, interaction, structure, and behavior modeling. Be sure to label each component, and then
- Describe the differences between applying each model, using a real-life example.
- Describe system architecture from different perspectives of software components.
- Describe how architectural patterns are used to present, share, and reuse knowledge about software systems.
- Describe the model-view-controller (MVC) pattern components as examples used in Layered and Client-Server architecture.
In addition to your concept map, you will write a paper in which you
- Describe these five Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams and provide example scenarios for utilizing each diagram.
- Use Case
- Explain the two types of behavioral modeling: data-driven modeling and event-driven modeling (state diagram) providing examples showing the internal and external interactions for each.
- Describe generic models of application systems to include transaction processing (using an ATM as an example) and language processing system, for changing one language into an alternative presentation of that language.
Your paper must be a minimum of 600 words.
Attach your presentation concept map and paper in your initial post. In addition, provide a brief summary of the alignment between your concept map and elements within your paper. If you choose to utilize a web-based presentation software, include the URL of your presentation in your post.
Requirements: .doc file