comprehensive written case analysisthe portfolio project B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Option #1: Comprehensive Written Case Analysis
The Portfolio Project for this course is a comprehensive written case analysis. To complete the comprehensive written analysis, apply the strategic management process that is studied in every module within this course. To support the understanding of a comprehensive written analysis, review “Part 6: Strategic-Management Case Analysis” in the textbook (Strategic Management: A Competitive Advantage Approach, Concepts and Cases, Fred R. David; Forest R. David).
You are the Vice President of the Nikon Corporation. You have been asked to analyze the organization and make strategic recommendations to your executive team. Your comprehensive written analysis of an approved target organization from the textbook case studies (identified in Week 2) should include the following elements:
- Current vision, mission, objectives, and strategies.
- Recommendations for improvement of vision and mission, or explanation of why these statements are valuable with no changes needed.
- Competitive Profile Matrix (CPM).
- External Factor Evaluation Matrix (EFE).
- Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix (IFE).
- A total of three Stage 2: Matching Stage tool outputs. At least two of the three tools used must be from Chapter 6 of the textbook. There is an option to use one Matching Stage tool not found in the textbook that is a tested, credible instrument.
- Recommendations for specific strategies and long-term objectives to support selected strategies. Include how global diversity and a culture of innovation aligns with the long-term objectives that support the selected strategies.
- Strategy implementation risks: cultural, operational, systems, financial.
- Projected financial statement with assumptions.
- Recommendation for annual goals, policies, and data/information needed according to your projections to support the successful implementation of your selected strategies or strategy. Include the organization’s need to support sustainability, ethics, and innovation to support your recommendations.
- Recommendation for strategy review, evaluation, and improvement process.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Eight to ten pages in length. All tables and projections should be placed in appendices and will not count toward the overall page length.
- Write as though you are a Vice President being asked to analyze the target organization’s internal and external environment to recommend strategies for the future.
- Divide into the following sections:
- Current vision, mission, objectives, and strategies
- Recommendations for improvement of vision and mission
- Strategy Formulation-Input Stage, Matching Stage, Decision Stage
- Competitive Profile Matrix (CPM)
- External Factor Evaluation Matrix (EFE)
- Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix (IFE)
- Input Stage
- Matching Stage (choose 3)
- Decision Stage
- Strategy Implementation
- Strategy Evaluation
- Recommendations for specific strategies and long-term objectives
- Strategy implementation risks: cultural, operational, systems, financial
- Recommendation for strategy review, evaluation, and improvement process
- Financial Projections and Goal Setting
- Projected financial statement with assumptions
- Recommendation for annual goals and policy according to projections
- Write in graduate-level, clear, and concise business language.
- Formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Support your project with 10 to 12 peer-reviewed articles/professional journals in addition to the textbook.