divulging private information regarding legal names W r i t i n g
I’m working on a writing report and need support to help me learn.
- Workplace Employee Training
- Come up with steps for how organizations can train employees on new policies
- Give an example of what this training would look like/ layout/ outline of training
- Trainings with employees: explain policies to employees + explain how a training would be worked into the workplace
- you need find at least 3 sources/scholarly articles to write this paper on the information above
- below is part of the paper that has already been written , if you would like to base some of your writing to connect it to the paper
- In order to achieve an inclusive and safe workplace for all employees, regardless of gender identity, it is proposed that specific policies be reformed and rewritten to be more inclusive of all employees, as well as reflect their needs. In order to properly implement and enforce these policies, it is proposed that in addition to the reforms, a company wide employee information and training session be held.Policy Reform: Dress Codes- LizMost to potentially all companies have some variation of a dress code policy in place at their offices or locations. These policies are in place to ensure that all employees are dressed appropriately for the workspace and activities that they engage in on a daily basis. However, the way that these policies are written use binary language, and distinguish specifically between what assigned male at birth and assigned female at birth employees are allowed to wear. For example, many establishments, specifically within the restaurant business, describe in their dress codes that men should wear pants while women should wear skirts or dresses.Within these policies, there is little to no mention of someone who is transgender. Clothing is a significant tool people use to express their gender identity, and when you are limited to your options of dress, it suppresses your gender identity and can result in serious psychological issues as well (Palczewski et al., 2019, p. 145). There are currently 18 states across the US that do note enforce any sort of discrimination laws against gender identity, at the state level (Movement Advancement Project, 2021). States like these would be the most important places to implement gender identity inclusive dress policies, because they will be able to provide a first level of protection for transgender employees. In order to reform these types of policies, gender neutral language needs to be utilized. One way to do this is explicitly stating that all employees, regardless of gender identity, may select their clothing from a range of options regardless of their gender identity and expression. (Thoroughgood, 2020). By rewriting all dress policies to reflect gender inclusivity, it will foster a more accepting and safe workplace for all employees, and create a space for everyone to openly express their gender identity.Policy Reform: Documentation and Privacy- LizIn addition to dress codes, important policies that need reform are documentation policies and privacy policies. These types of policies go hand in hand as they are in place to legitimize employment, and then protect employees’ right to privacy. Policies that are in place today at many companies lack the language necessary to make changes to employee documentation per request of the employee. For example, many corporations do not have policies in place that allow employees to change their name or gender marker upon request. In order to protect employees and their gender identity, it is important to have policies in place that will do so. For this to happen, documentation policies need to reflect the need to be updated by employees at their command, and need to consistently and accurately reflect their gender identity, and proper name, at all times. An example of a rewritten policy would be as follows; “We will change the gender marker and/ or name on any employee’s official documentation as per their request, and will not inquire with personal questions.” In addition, these documents need to be kept completely private and only accessed with the employee themselves present. Protecting one’s current or past gender identity and name is extremely important to someone who is transitioning, or has transitioned, as having the ability to change one’s gender marker and legal name is the ultimate public affirmation of gender identity. All privacy policies should be rewritten to reflect these privacies. Reformed privacy policies should follow this general structure; “Transgender employees reserve the right to discuss their gender identity openly in any way that they see fit to the situation. Violations of divulging private information regarding legal names or gender markers will not be tolerated and violate employees’ rights to privacy.” In order to protect employees these kinds of policies need to be reformed. These changes will help to create an environment where employees feel accepted, affimed and safe.