ensure public safety .” within society H u m a n i t i e s
Please answer each and every ‘part’ below in paragraph format. You may use your book and/or your lecture notes to answer each ‘section’ of your paper (but it is not necessary). If you use any exact language from your textbook, please utilize quotations in your paper and note the page number at the end of your sentence. A reference page/bibliography is not necessary. Further directions to complete this paper are listed below. Please do not hesitate to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns regarding the completion of this assignment.
Please read each prompt below and respond to the following ‘questions’:
- 1) What are the three different types of authority? Please list and explain. Can an individual possess multiple forms of authority? Please explain your answer and provide an example of someone (real or fictitious) who possesses more than one of these characteristics (and what characteristics those are).
- 2) What are the three different types of social control? Please explain as well as provide an example of each.
- 3) What are the four types of sanctions discussed in your textbook (as well as our course lecture on Law andSocial Control)? Please explain and provide an example of each.
- 4) The term legal cynicism refers to “…a cultural orientation in which the law and the agents of its enforcement are viewed as illegitimate, unresponsive, and ill-equipped to ensure public safety.” Within society, who do you think experiences the highest levels of legal cynicism and why? Please describe and explain.
- 5) The practice of collective liability refers to whereby all of the people in a social category are held accountable for the conduct of each of their fellows. Please give me an example of this practice. Why do you think it exists?
Your final product, with all ‘parts’ covered, should be about 2 to 3+ pages in length, typed and double-spaced, with one- inch margins and appropriately-sized font (11 or 12 point). Organization of this paper is creatively up to you (since it does not flow and also does not need an introduction or conclusion paragraph). Please ensure that your name, student number, and ‘SOC 3550′ are listed at the top of the first page of your paper.
Please answer each ‘part’ of this assignment as explicitly and concisely as possible. Also, the quality of the writing and is an important component of this assignment. Papers will be marked down for the following: incomplete sentences, inappropriate punctuation, misspellings, and typos.
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. via Canvas on Friday, October 23rd, 2020 [and is worth 50 points]. Late assignments will be penalized 10 points for each day they are late.