factors impacting team leadership papermust B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Leadership must be effective in order for teams to move toward optimal performance. Understanding culture, multiple leadership styles, and emotional intelligence can prove useful in preparing the leader to lead effective teams.
In your paper,
- Analyze the five components of emotional intelligence and their relationship to transformational leadership.
- Discuss how to use transformational leadership combined with the use of emotional intelligence to improve a situation involving teams at work.
- Distinguish between transactional, situational, and transformational leadership and the usefulness of each in impacting team performance.
- Discuss the impact of culture and ethics on the leadership of teams.
The Factors Impacting Team Leadership paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Northouse, P. G. (2018). Leadership: Theory and practice (8th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
- Chapter 5: Situational Approach
- Chapter 8: Transformational Leadership
- Chapter 14: Team Leadership
Oedekoven, O. O., Lavrenz, J., & Robbins, D. (2018). Leadership essentials: Practical and proven approaches in leadership and supervision. Retrieved from https://ashford.instructure.com
- Chapter 2: Teams, Teamwork, and Leadership Styles