least one properly cited scholarly source B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Discussion 6: Leadership Strategy Best Practices
Throughout this program, you have examined the many ways in which quality leadership can bring forth powerful outcomes for organizations. There are many companies that, on the brink of failure, have been revitalized and become successful due to guidance and direction of a new CEO or management team. Similarly, there are many companies that have had to close their doors due to the incompetent decision making of those at the top.
In this Discussion, you will consider the concepts that you explored while completing this program and explain how you would employ leadership best practices to develop and incorporate an effective strategy.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources on strategy execution and leadership.
- Reflect on the concepts and practices you have studied throughout this program related to leadership, management, and the development and execution of business strategy. Consider what you believe to be the best practices that leaders should utilize for effective strategy execution and implementation.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations: Capstone Courses document, provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
Post a 250- to 325-word (2- to 3-paragraph) synthesis of leadership best practices for creating a corporate culture that supports effective strategy execution and implementation. In your synthesis, address the following:
- What are your top five leadership best practices that—as a leader—you would employ to create an organizational culture that would enable effective strategy execution and implementation?
- For each best practice, provide a rationale for why you included it.
- To support your response, be sure to reference at least one properly cited scholarly source.
Strategy Execution and Leadership
A company can have the greatest strategy ever devised, but it will be worthless if it is unable to execute it. This is when a company’s leaders serve an important role in not only implementing the strategy, but also believing in it and showing the rest of the company that they should believe in it too. Through these resources, you will examine leadership’s role in executing strategies.
Thompson, A. A. (2018–2019). Strategy: Core concepts and analytical approaches (3rd ed.) [BSG electronic edition]. Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chapter 11, “Managing Internal Operations: Actions That Promote Good Strategy Execution” (pp. 218–233)
- Chapter 12, “Corporate Culture and Leadership: Keys to Good Strategy Execution” (pp. 234–252)