least two peer discussion question post answers B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Change involves moving from one circumstance or situation to another. Since organizations involve many components and systems, the ability to effectively communicate any changes throughout the organization becomes a critical component of employee morale and commitment.
In this scenario, assume you are serving as a Human Resource Manager for a company in Saudi Arabia that has announced that they must lay off 20% of all employees. Discuss how you would advise management about how best to communicate this message. Include the following areas: the specific process they should follow, the format/channels they should use, the components to include in the message.
- How can the change pre-layoff and post-layoff be evaluated?
- What type of control systems would you employ to ensure a smooth transition?
- What metrics or measurement tools could you use to ensure the current customer base is still being supported after the layoff?
Draft a short, one-paragraph message that you believe should be sent to the organization to announce these layoffs.
During the week, review and offer suggestions to your fellow students on how they can modify their message to make it more palatable to employees, offering suggested words and approaches that they may consider.
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with two scholarly peer-reviewed references in supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 10 in Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented Toolkit
- Maria Beuren, I., & dos Santos, V. (2019). Enabling and coercive management control systems and organizational resilience. Revista Contabilidade & Finanças – USP, 30(81), 307–323.
- Nikiforova, L., Petukhova, S., & Tsurikov, S. (2019). The approach to the efficiency estimation of the management system of high-tech Industry organizations. Varazdin: Varazdin Development and Entrepreneurship Agency (VADEA).
- Sætnan, A. R., Tøndel, G., & Rasmussen, B. (2019). Does counting change what is counted? Potential for paradigm change through performance metrics. Research Evaluation, 28(1), 73–83.
- Chapter 10 PowerPoint slides in Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented Toolki
Cawsey, T. F., Deszca, G., & Ingols, C. (2020). Organizational change: An action-oriented toolkit (4th ed.).
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishing. ISBN-13: 9781544351407