). must utilize academic voice W r i t i n g
- Reflect on at least five of your most significant personal accomplishments (things you are proud of, things you have enjoyed, and things that you did very well).
- (Focus on the tasks accomplished rather than the rewards or recognition that might have resulted from the tasks.)
- Determine the knowledge, skills, and abilities you believe had the most influence on their success for each of your accomplishments.
- (Personality traits or characteristics are not considered as knowledge, skills, or abilities.)
- Create a table that summarizes this analysis by accomplishment.
- Describe briefly any common themes, activities, or special categories of knowledge that you feel characterizes your personal
- (For example, you might feel you are strong in areas such as social media expertise, creative writing, or problem-solving.)
- Conclude with an overall assessment of your self-understanding of your capabilities for engaging in entrepreneurial activity.
[Adapted from Andrew Corbett’s and Candida Brush’s “Self-Understanding for Opportunity Creation” in Chapter 9 (Neck, Greene, & Brush, 2014).]
The Self-Understanding for Opportunity Creation paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text