pdfread “ 22 powerful closure activities ,” H u m a n i t i e s
Benchmark – Creating a Standards-Based Lesson Plan
Professional growth in developing effective lessons and lesson plans comes with practice. This assignment provides the opportunity to connect the multiple elements of lesson planning into a single document.
For this benchmark, use the “COE Lesson Plan Template” to create a standards-based lesson plan for a K-8 grade level. Complete all sections of the lesson plan template. You may use previous work from this course as a starting point for this lesson plan, incorporating feedback received from your mentor teacher.
Your lesson plan should include the following:
- Classroom and Student Factors/Grouping: Summarize the “Class Profile” and use this information to direct the differentiation throughout the lesson plan.
- National/State Learning Standards: May be based on the standard selected for the Topic 2 assignment.
- Specific Learning Target(s)/Objectives: Objective written in Topic 2 to inform this section may be used.
- Academic Language: List any vocabulary students will need to learn for full understanding of the lesson.
- Resources, Materials, Equipment, and Technology: Lesson must integrate digital tools and resources into the instruction and assessments.
- Anticipatory Set: Include pre-assessment or required knowledge student will need to be prepared to learn.
- Multiple Means of Representation: Include at least two of the models or strategies previously discussed, along with a thorough explanation of how the chosen model/strategy would apply to the lesson. The Topic 4 assignment may be used to inform this section.
- Multiple Means of Engagement: Topic 5 assignment may be used to inform this section. Specify how instruction would be adapted to diverse students, based on an understanding of how elementary students differ in their development and approaches to learning.
- Multiple Means of Expression: Include formative and summative assessments to plan, evaluate, and strengthen your instruction. Include technology resources in at least one assessment. Label each assessment as formative or summative as indicated in the lesson plan template.
- Extension Activity and/or Homework: Topic 5 assignment may be used to inform this section.
- Rationale/Reflection: In 250-500 words, answer the following questions:
- How do the instructional models you chose for the lesson meet the diverse learning needs of the students on the “Class Profile”?
- How does the instruction and assessment meet the developmental needs of students and strengthen future instructional decisions?
- How do the technological resources you selected engage students and support your assessment practices?
Support your reflection with 2-3 resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Topic 2: In Georgia the standard are called Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) and they can be found at https:// . The grade level in which I am currently interested in is Kindergarten, Math. For the standard in which I am considering is K.CC which covers counting and cardinality. Students must first understand counting and understand the relationship between numbers to have a strong foundation. Focus on K.CC.A.1
Read Chapter 13.
Read “22 Powerful Closure Activities,” by Finley, located on the Edutopia website (2015).