point times new roman fonttitle pagereferences page H u m a n i t i e s
Within Christianity there are three major traditions: Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, and Protestantism. Your assignment for this week is to complete a Comparative Religions Grid (Week 6 Assignment Template above) comparing these three traditions. The grid is divided into five segments, each segment has varying numbers of categories. Each category is to be compared across all of the three religions. They will not always agree; sometimes they will.
Using the assignment template (in Required Resources), do the following:
- Use your text, lesson, the Internet and at least 3 scholarly sources (one per religion) to engage in comparative research. If using the Internet, our goal is an official source for that religion. Examples:
- Catholic: class=”screenreader-only”> (Links to an external site.) (the official Bishops conference of the catholic church in the United States)
- Eastern Orthodox: class=”screenreader-only”> (Links to an external site.)
- Protestant: There are many different denominations, so one website will not speak for each group. Perhaps an encyclopedia will be helpful.
- Fill in all boxes on the Comparative Religions Grid.
- Do not leave blanks
- Be as focused and analytical as possible. Using one or two sentence answers will often work; or phrases or short paragraphs may be needed. The box size will increase as you write in it, but long paragraphs are discouraged.
- Include short descriptions for each term or individual introduced, not just a word. E.G. Moses, Jew to whom God gave the 10 commandments. Be as simple and as concise as possible; yet, give as much detail as is needed.
- If you use a quote, cite your source. E.G. Gen.1:26; Molloy, 2019, p. 32; Chamberlain, 2020, Week 6, 4; etc.
- Complete a reference list for all cited sources.
- Complete the 300-500-word reflection at the end, assessing what you learned through this exercise and how it impacts your own religious views or your professional experience.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: varies virus
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (Cite textbook/lesson and a minimum of 3 outside scholarly sources.)
- Page or paragraph for in-text citations