promotionsyour assignment instructions show three recommended advertisements B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Note: Note: While representative of possible situations faced by car dealerships, all scenarios in this assignment are fictional.
It can be difficult to get the marketing mix just right for a given product. There are so many products fighting for the attention of customers. With so many things to consider, working in marketing can be a challenge.
This week, you’ll be acting as a Marketing Manager in a car dealership.
WHAT IS A MARKETING MANAGER?
Marketing Managers are responsible for developing, implementing and executing marketing plans, either for an entire organization or for particular categories or products within the organization, in order to attract potential customers and keep existing ones.
Their day-to-day tasks include managing and coordinating marketing and creative staff, leading market research to improve existing products and services, working with advertising agencies, and determining the best way to get products in front of customers.
As a marketing manager for a car dealership in your city, you have been asked to evaluate a marketing plan for vehicles to ensure that the 4 P’s of marketing are being applied well. Using your knowledge of the 4 P’s and the best approach to generating sales, you’ll take a look at a number of marketing recommendations and choose the approach that you believe will sell the most products.
Question 1: Product
In the Marketing Analysis Presentation provided by your marketing team, you’ll see three different vehicles. Each vehicle has unique features.
Based on the Customer Profile information about the customers that shop at the dealership, choose the vehicle that you think will sell the most. Please explain the rationale for your decision.
Question 2: Financial Options
Based on the information contained in the vehicle descriptions in Question #1, what is the best financial option to purchase the vehicle you selected in Question #1.
Question 3: Promotions
Your assignment instructions show three recommended advertisements for the vehicle options in Question #1, including a special deal promotion, for the vehicle that is expected to sell the best. Review and based on the vehicle descriptions, determine which promotional activity will sell the most vehicles. Please explain the rationale for your decision.
Question 4: Pricing
Review the pricing options available for each of the vehicles below. Also review the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the vehicle. Then recommend the best pricing strategy for all three vehicles.
Question 5: Branding
The company that makes the vehicle you selected is looking to rebrand the vehicle. They have asked for your input on possible brands ideas. First, read the Brand Vision statement which summarizes the goal for the new brand. Then, look at the image, name, and tagline recommendations. Second, select the Brand Direction that you think will be most successful and explain your choice.
Question 6: Sales Pitch
Review the five components of a successful sales pitch from your assignment instructions. Then write a sales pitch that you would use to try and convince someone to purchase the vehicle you selected.
Complete Your Assignment
When you are ready to complete and submit your assignment, follow these steps.
Note: You may not be able to Submit the assignment in Blackboard (Step 4) until the week that it is due opens for you. You can however, use the template and instructions and prepare it early.
- Download the the following:
- Use the information in the instructions to complete the template.
- Save your completed template (not these instructions) to your desktop.Navigation: Select File at the top, then select Save As > Browse > Desktop, select Save.
- Log into your class and select SUBMIT on the week due, scroll down and select the SUBMIT YOUR WORK button.
- Note: the SUBMIT YOUR WORK button will not appear until the week the Assignment is due.
- On the Preview Upload Assignment page, scroll down and click the Browse My Computer button (in the Assignment Submission area). Find your file on the desktop, click the Open button, then click the Submit button in the bottom right side of the Preview Upload Assignment page to submit your Assignment.
- If you have any issues, please contact your professor.
Strayer Writing Standards: This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
QUESTION 1: PRODUCT
Based on the information provided for each vehicle and the needs and wants of the individuals in the customer profile, recommend the vehicle that will sell the most.
- Vehicle 1.
- Vehicle 2.
- Vehicle 3.
Explain your reasoning. What information from the vehicle descriptions indicates that your vehicle choice will sell the most?
QUESTION 2: FINANCIAL OPTIONS
Explain your rationale:
QUESTIONS 3: PROMOTIONS
Recommend promotion that you think will sell the most vehicles.
- Promotion 1.
- Promotion 2.
- Promotion 3.
Explain the reasoning for your decision and include data from the vehicle description and customer profile:
QUESTION 4: PRICING
Based on your knowledge of Pricing Strategies, recommend a pricing mix that has the best pricing mix for all three vehicles.
- Price Mix 1.
- Price Mix 2.
- Price Mix 3.
Please explain your reasoning.
QUESTION 5: BRANDING
Which of Brand Direction best meets the goals of the brand vision?
- Brand Direction 1: Fantasy Car of Your Dreams.
- Brand Direction 2: Fun for the Whole Family.
Explain your reasoning. Why do you think your selected Brand Direction meets the goals the best?
QUESTION 6: SALES PITCH
NEXT STEP: SUBMIT YOUR WORK
- Save this completed template to your desktop
- Navigation: Select File at the top, then select Save As > Browse > Desktop, select Save.
- Log into your class and select Assignment #3 on the left, scroll down and select Submit Your Work, click Browse My Computer, find your file on the desktop, click Open, then click Submit.
- If you have any issues please email me or call.
I will provide you assignment feedback and you can then make any changes you would like and resubmit for grading.
Congrats on completing Assignment #3!