psy 102 – general psychology topic 5 – motivation H u m a n i t i e s
PSY 102 – General Psychology
Topic 5 – Motivation, Emotion, Health, and Well-Being
Identifying, Managing and Reducing Stress
You will be examining the role stress can play in your life. For this assignment, you will select ONE of the two formats and then complete the assignment criterion by answering the questions below.
- Create a PowerPoint: PowerPoint must include a minimum of 12 slides (including Title Slide and Reference slide). Ensure that information is cited in-text throughout the presentation. Use inspirational quotes, graphics, visual aids, and video clips to enhance your presentation. Ensure that information included on your slides is properly paraphrased and cited; the use of direct quotes is prohibited. A minimum of three sources should be included ; ensure sources are credible.
- Create a Newsletter: Newsletters must use an appropriate template – an example of a newsletter template can be found in Word Templates. Use inspirational quotes, graphics, charts, and visual aids to enhance your newsletter. Ensure that information included in your newsletter is properly paraphrased and cited; the use of direct quotes is prohibited. A minimum of three sources should be included; ensure sources are credible. One section of your newsletter should be designated for additional resources that could be used by those reading the newsletter to gain more information on topics presented in the newsletter. One small section of your newsletter should be designated for references used in creating the final product.
Once you have chosen your format, choose a type of stress (schoolwork, family, job, a relationship, etc) and answer all of the following questions:
- Give examples that causes the stress.
- Describe healthy coping mechanisms you can use to help with stress.
- Discuss of the warning signs of stress is in your life.
- Describe the short-term effects stress can have on an individual.
- Describe the long-term effects stress can have on an individual.