supervisor cannot get mutual agreement B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
For this module’s project assignment on ABC Company, consider the following concepts:
- Research different frameworks and models of evaluation.
- Determine the various means of data collection.
- Assess the potential impact of the program, including training costs.
Going back to your chosen project topic during Module 3 and address the following:
- Propose which training program evaluation methods should be used and why.
- Will the evaluation methods show whether or not the program accomplished its objectives?
- Discuss how many methods are appropriate and which one(s) are the most appropriate and why. A review of Kirkpatrick’s Evaluation Framework, ROI, ROE and other various evaluation methods is needed to address this question.
- Propose how to effectively collect the data needed for evaluation.
- How will you go about collecting the data?
- What ethical issues need to be considered? Why?
- Complete a program cost analysis.
- How will you evaluate the costs of training?
- How will you present ROI to management?
- There is a 4 page minimum requirement for this written assignment. However, depth of your analysis is important. You will need to make some of your own assumptions about the training program, how you can collect data, what training costs may be incurred. Be sure to explain the assumptions made during your analysis.
- Include 3 credible references. See the course introduction for additional information on library databases.
- Determine how to analyze employee performance.
- Research various means of coaching and performance management.
At ABC Company, there is a manufacturing production operator that co-workers are complaining about “not pulling their weight” on the job. Complaints include the production operator arriving late for work, taking longer breaks, not helping their co-workers, being lazy on the job. The supervisor has decided to investigate the complaints and have coaching and performance discussions with the employee.
Write a minimum 4-page paper discussing actions the supervisor can and should take in this situation. Please discuss the following:
- What is the difference between coaching and performance management? How should the supervisor consider approaching this situation?
- How should the supervisor define and respond to the poor performance? What theories can the supervisor apply to correct the poor job performance?
- Consider the Kinlaw Process, Fournies Process or other coaching processes. Which coaching process should the supervisor use? How should the supervisor plan and execute the performance discussion with this employee? What could happen if the supervisor cannot get mutual agreement to improving performance?
- Include 3 credible references.