utilize teaching aidsstate needed resources4 H e a l t h M e d i c a l
This assignment requires a written 2-3 page paper teaching both the parent and a 3 year old child about Intussusception.
The purpose of the teaching plan is to document and evaluate the necessary skills to provide individual clients with demonstrated needs.
1. Purpose: To document and evaluate teaching skills necessary to provide teaching to an individual client with a demonstrated need. With the completion of this assignment the student will be able to achieve the following objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to thoroughly assess the learning styles of an individual or family using given developmental or cultural models.
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate learning needs based on developmental or cultural assessments.
- Identify and utilize teaching/learning principles to facilitate achievement of learning goals and outcomes.
- Select and prioritize learning strategies based on the developmental or cultural assessment to achieve learning goals and outcomes.
- Support rationales for teaching plan using teaching and learning theories from required readings with references.
2. Nursing Competencies:
- Assessing and identifying developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client.
- Providing evidence-based health information and teaching based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family
- Integrating teaching/learning activities into client interactions based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family.
- Incorporating health promotion and teaching into the plan of care based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a family or client.
3. Plan: submitted to the clinical instructor during the teaching experience. Your clinical instructor must approve the topic.
- Develop nursing diagnosis (NANDA)
- Develop two (2) learning objectives
- State methodology (teaching methods)
- Provide and utilize teaching aids
- State needed resources
4. Implementation: Outline (step by step)
5. Evaluation: Evaluate your project describing the effectiveness of teaching methods and aids, learner’s response, ability to meet objectives, and self-evaluation including what the student learned and what the student would do differently in the future. A copy of the entire teaching plan with the evaluation of patient learning is to be submitted to your clinical instructor during the teaching presentation. This write-up should be 2-3 pages