Phase 1 of Final Project: You will select an organization(Mcdonald’s) to use for your final project. The objective of the final project is to provide an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the current information systems infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvement. You may include hardware, software, data solutions, security, or other systems used in implementing an enterprise technology solution.
Your final paper should include the following sections when completed:
- Summary of the organization’s mission, goals, and strategies
- SWOT analysis
- This paper will cover the first two sections(“Introduction” and “Summary of the organization’s mission, goals, and strategies”)
- In this first part of your final project, you will prepare a summary of the organization(Mcdonald’s) and the systems currently in use. You may use your own workplace or do internet research for an organization. As this organization is not your own employer, you will need to provide a website link to the organization you patterned your fictitious company on. In either case, you will need to make sure you can identify the following:
- The mission of the organization
- The goals management is trying to achieve
- The strategies and technology systems currently being used to accomplish the organization’s mission and goals
- You should be able to provide an overview of the organization’s mission.
- What does the organization provide to customers, how does it do this, and what does it see as its current and future goals?
- You will also develop a summary of the systems the organization uses in meeting its goals for products or services.
- For some examples of in-depth information technology strategic plans, consider searching the internet, or see the following PDFs:
- City of Fort Collins Information Technology 2014–2018 Strategic Plan(find in attachments)
- This assignment will be used in the final paper as the overall introduction to the rest of the assignment.
- Your paper for this assignment should be three pages in length and use APA format. Make sure to provide any references you will need. One of the references should be to the source of your information (organization’s website). If the organization is your own, please provide a website link to your company.
- For questions on APA style, go to OCLS APA Writing Style Guides.