For this assignment, you will reflect upon how childhood psychosocial development is portrayed in film. You can choose to watch one of the following suggested films, or you are welcome to choose a different film (check with me before choosing one that is not on this list):
- Little Giants (1994)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Stand By Me (1986)
- The Sandlot (1993)
- Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
- The Good Son (1993)
- Lord of the Flies (1963 or 1990)
- My Girl (1991)
- Billy Elliot (2000)
- Akeelah and the Bee (2006)
Take notes while watching the movie. Look for themes that were discussed in this module, such as emotional intelligence, gender stereotypes, personality development, temperament, gender roles, and self-esteem.
Select two themes that were present in the movie, and select two scenes from the movie that best portray those themes. Write a 2-3 page paper that addresses the following:
- Paragraph 1: Give the title of the film and a brief synposis
- Paragraph 2: Explain Theme 1, explaining in your own words as well as referencing the course material and/or outside sources.
- Paragraph 3: Describe Scene 1 and explain how it portrays Theme 1
- Paragraph 4: Explain Theme 2, explaining in your own words as well as referencing the course material and/or outside sources.
- Paragraph 5: Describe Scene 2 and explain how it portrays Theme 2
- Paragraph 6: Summarize your paper
- Include a reference page and appropriate in-text citations for all sources used.