Consider the definition of culture you developed in Lesson 1. Make a list of the different aspects of your culture as they manifest in the way you live your life. Remember, “culture” does not just refer to ethnicity or national origin, but includes all of the many ways we live and belong in groups.
- Customs and traditions
- Family life
- Values and beliefs
- The neighborhood you live in
- The communities you belong to
Choose the three aspects of your culture that are most important to you. These will serve as the basis of your essay.
Write a 3 pages (double-spaced) reflection paper about your personal culture. Structure your paper using the below guideline:
- INTRODUCTION (1 paragraph): Include your general definition of culture (based on the videos provided in Lesson 1–DO NOT look up additional sources) and a thesis statement where you define your personal culture specifically and list the three elements you will discuss in your paper.
- BODY (3 paragraphs): Write one paragraph for each of your three elements of culture. At the end of each paragraph, explain how that element helps define your personal culture.
- CONCLUSION (1 paragraph): Restate your thesis. Explain why thinking about your personal culture will be helpful in developing the skills of cross-cultural competency.
Edit your paper for clarity, concision, and formatting Below link is lesson 1 videos