Lord Acton, a British historian of the late 19th century, said that “power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely,” suggesting that a person’s sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases.
Discuss this idea.
- Do you agree that power corrupts? Can you provide an example?
- Considering this idea, is it ethical for leaders to try to increase their power?
Tony: This is a temporary place holder. In this assignment you are to write about the below. I’m sad to say that your paper submission does not meet these requirements. Please resubmit this week’s paper following the specific areas listed below and I will re-grade.
- Describe ways in which you might increase your personal power.
- How would you:
- Appeal to a vision or higher purpose?
- Use rational persuasion?
- Help people to like you?
- Rely on the rule of reciprocity?
- Develop allies?
- Ask for what you wa