PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM, SO WILL THE TEACHERS. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 07/11/21 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE. PLEASE READ GRADING RUBRIC. TEACHERS USE THE GRADING RUBRIC TO DETERMINE GRADE. IF DIRECTIONS ARENT BEING FOLLOWED, I WILL DISPUTE RIGHT AWAY. LETS AVOID THAT.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read the Biological Basis of Determinants of Health (Links to an external site.) article. In this assignment, you will be creating a video presentation responding to the scenario described below regarding genetic technology.
In the very near future, it may be possible to use something like a smartphone that contains information on your genetics so you can be updated on a regular basis about the potential risk you have for developing certain diseases. (e.g., “The forecast for today is light rain and your risk for heart disease is at 50% by age 42”). Additionally, while current genetic technology allows us to see the sex a person is born with, it may soon be possible, given the developments that are occurring in genetic research, to also identify gender identity and even sexual partner preference on a spectrum.
Imagine that you have been asked to address this possibility at a conference by addressing the following questions from a public health perspective:
- What do you personally think about genetic information being tracked and shared?
- What do you think about this information from a professional standpoint?
- What are some potential benefits to such a possibility?
- What are some potential drawbacks to such a possibility?
- What are other potential public health applications for such a possibility?
- Given that epigenetics acknowledges that not all genes would be expressed even if present, would this type of technology still carry value?
In your Personal Perspective assignment,
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.