PLEASE FOLLOW THE instructions below
“2018 data shows that every day, 128 people in the United States die after overdosing on opioids. The misuse of and addiction to opioids—including prescription pain relievers, heroin, and synthetic opioids such as fentanyl—is a serious national crisis that affects public health as well as social and economic welfare” (National Institute of Drug Abuse, 2020). Treatment can be challenging as they do not see their symptoms as painful to themselves or others.
In this Discussion, you will explore personality disorders in greater detail and discuss treatment options using evidence-based research.
National Institute of Drug Abuse. (2020). Opioid overdose crisis. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-overdose-crisis
- Analyze diagnostic criteria for substance-related and addictive disorders
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatments for substance-related and addictive disorders
- Analyze clinical features of clients with substance-related and addictive disorders
- Align clinical features with DSM-5 criteria
- Compare differential diagnostic features of substance-related and addictive disorders
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
- Determine which of the following disorders to focus on for your initial post for this Discussion based on the first letter of your last name.
- A-C: Alcohol-Related Disorders
- D-F: Sedative-, Hypnotic-, or Anxiolytic-Related Disorders
- G-J: Opioid-Related Disorders
- K-M: Hallucinogen-Related Disorders
- N-P: Cannabis-Related Disorders
- Q-S: Club Drug Addiction
- T-V: Stimulant-Related Disorders
- W-Z: Nicotine-Related Disorders
- Review the Learning Resources.
By Day 3
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned substance-related and addictive disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned substance-related and addictive disorder.
- Describe clinical features that you would expect to observe in a client that may have the substance-related and addictive disorder you were assigned. Align the clinical features with the DSM-5 criteria.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resources.