After completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
- Discuss the key components of human resource management. Pick at least four concepts from chapter nine and describe how these concepts interrelate to individual performance on a team.
- Review table 9.2 and select one of the dimensions listed, note why it was chosen and how you relate to this behavior. If you have a personal experience, please share.
- How do leaders select the best talent? What are some tools they can use to select the best-talent?
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post. At least one scholarly (peer-reviewed) resource should be used in the initial discussion thread. Please ensure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use APA references and in-text citations.
Optional Resources:Chapter 9 & 10 Journal articles
- Journal Article 9.1: Crossman, B. and Crossman, J. (2011) ‘Conceptualising followership – a review of the literature’, Leadership, 7(4): 481–497.
- Journal Article 9.2: Agho, A.O. (2009) ‘Perspectives of senior-level executives on effective followership and leadership’, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 16(2): 159–166.
- Journal Article 9.3: Larsson, M. and Nielsen, M.F. (2017) ‘The risky path to a followership identity: from abstract concept to situated reality’, International Journal of Business Communication. DOI: 10.1177/23294888417735648, pp. 1–28.
- Journal Article 10.1: Cook, A. and Glass, C. (2015) ‘Do minority leaders affect corporate practice? Analyzing the effect of leadership composition on governance and product development’, Strategic Organization, 13(2): 117–140
- Journal Article 10.2: Dreher, G.F. (2003) ‘Breaking the glass ceiling: the effects of sex ratios and work-life programs on female leadership at the top’, Human Relations, 56(5): 541–562.