What are your predictions for virtual reality that you expect to see during your lifetime?
Here are some statements to get you started. Pick a statement or statements that you strongly agree with and enter your comment on the Discussion Board.
- VR will someday replace reality.
- VR will never replace reality.
- VR challenges the concept of reality.
- VR will enable us to rediscover and explore reality.
- VR is a safe substitute for drugs and sex.
- VR is pleasure without risk and therefore immoral.
- VR will enhance the mind, leading us to new powers.
- VR is addictive and will enslave us.
- VR is a radically new experience.
- VR is as old as Paleolithic art.
- VR is basically a computer technology.
- All forms of representation create a VR experience.
- VR undermines the distinction between fiction and reality.
- VR is the triumph of fiction over reality.
- VR is the art of the twenty-first century, as cinema was for the twentieth.
- VR is pure hype and ten years from now will be no more than a footnote in the history of culture and technology.